Phoenix Health Programs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Phoenix Health Programs is proud to be a tobacco-free environment since October of 2009.
Mental Health Advocate, Part-Time Weekends, Evenings and Holidays
This position is responsible to the Residential & or Assistant Residential Manager for monitoring the client activity during evening and weekend hours. This position provides support to the counseling staff on duty, supervises clients by ensuring that the house rules are observed, and gives encouragement to clients in following through on various responsibilities and activities related to their treatment and living in the house. Should also possess good listening skills, the judgment necessary to make sensible decisions regarding notification of a supervisor, the skills to react appropriately in emergency situations, and be trained in First aid and CPR. All staff adhere to Federal Regulations (42 CFR part 2) regarding client rights to confidentiality of records of their identity, diagnosis, prognosis, or treatment, as well as ensuring compliance with HIPAA regulations as related to the release and retention of client information. This is a “Safety Sensitive” position.
Requirements for this position:
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- If recovering from alcoholism or drug addiction, must have a minimum of nine months sobriety.
- Ability to be courteous and assertive in working with clients and the public.
- Prefer some knowledge of alcohol/drug rehabilitation.
- Because of the security risks connected to this position, the person will be required to have background checks with the MO State Highway Patrol, Division of Family Service, and Division of Aging. Conviction of a felony against a person could be a bar to employment. Each case will be considered on its individual merits.
- Must be able to use arms to lift up to 20 pounds and carry it 50 feet,
- Must be able to read written material and to pass the Missouri driver’s license requirement.
To apply for this position, please download this application, fill it out and print, sign and mail to:
Phoenix Health Programs
Attn: Human Resources
90 E. Leslie Ln.
Columbia, MO 65202